Click below and Google will call you to connect you to my voicemail! Numbers are always private.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

To Answer some Questions

I've had a lot of people Italicask me how/when/where we organized meeting up as a group the other day...

First of all, I get none of the credit for putting this together. All credit goes to Holly (Carleigh's Mommy). She set up the tour of the museum, made dinner and hotel reservations, and so on. I simply showed up when I was told (Well, 15 minutes late if we're being honest).

Here's how it started.

Holly sent me an e-mail asking me how far away I lived from Chattanooga because she was going to be down this way visiting the National Museum of the Unborn. I only lived about two hours away, so I told her I would most certainly meet up with her!

Then, I mentioned it to Celia (Noah's Mommy) and asked her if she though she could drive over to meet us. Of course, she was thrilled and mentioned it to someone else who mentioned it to someone else...

We had such a positive response from people who were wanting to meet up, Holly did an "open invitation" of sorts on Facebook for anyone who might want to drive out and join in. We were actually going to have a much larger group, but you know how life is,... things came up and some people weren't able to make it.

Still, 16 people (kids included) wasn't too shabby of a turn out.

So that's how it happened. If you live around the area and were left out, I'm very sorry and that wasn't the intent. Next time something like this gets planned I'll make it a point to post on here as well :) And if anyone is ever in the Pigeon Forge area shoot me an e-mail and we will definitely get together! I'd love to meet each and every one of you.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Christmas with Kasey said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm really glad you all got together. How sweet of Holly to get it started.

Holly said...

Of course, it wouldn't have been possible without ya'll coming!! ;)

Anonymous said...

It was All Holly. And I am so happy she did plan it up. :o) I can't wait to do it again and it would be so great to meet even more families!

Franchesca said...

That is so cool, Danielle, that you'll got to do this!

Karen said...

I think it's a lovely idea, but I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaay far away from all of you!

Caroline said...

It was a great idea & glad you had fun. So nice of Holly to get it all together. I would like to meet some of the Mom's someday but I'm soooo Far away. {{HUGS}}
Caroline