Click below and Google will call you to connect you to my voicemail! Numbers are always private.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

This is the Wrong Candle


I wish today were just another day on the calendar.

I don't want to light a candle today for my son...

I want to light a candle on June 1st...

On top of his birthday cake...

As we sing happy birthday to a messy faced little boy.

This candle is wrong.

This isn't the candle I was supposed to light.

But this is my reality.

I'm part of the October 15th club whether or not I want to be. So this evening I light a candle for Wyatt. I light one for him and one for all the other wonderful women I've met who has to light candles for a baby who isn't with them today.

I've looked and looked for the perfect candle to light for Wyatt, and always came up empty handed... Little did I know it's been right under my nose this entire time.

The candle I chose to light for Wyatt was our unity candle. From this day forward, the candle that we used to symbolize the unity of our separate lives into one, will be used to symbolize our complete family that will be united once again in heaven.

As I sit here, I do so with a heavy heart. I'm thinking of all the mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and friends, who are lighting a candle for a baby they miss and love so dearly. My prayers and thoughts are with each and every one of you tonight.

Photobucket

14 comments:

Nan said...

(((HUGS))) Thinking of you and your sweet angel. xo Nan

COUNTRY MOM said...

Danielle, My Thoughts and Prayers are with you and your family. I have posted Wyatt's Story on my blog. I pray it will help you get many signatures over what you need. What a beautiful candle for a beautiful Angel Blessing.

The Blue Sparrow said...

I never thought to use a unity candle, thats a great idea and sadly yes the wrong candle. *Hugs*

Kati Aileen said...

Danielle,

I was thinking about Wyatt and about you tonight. Today was one of the hardest days of my life. And I'm sure it's hard for you too. It's good to have friends who know what you're going through. Thanks for being a friend. And I love the unity candle idea.

Ter said...

hi there, I just found out about your blog and your beautiful son on "too many heartbeat" blog. I have signed the petition. As a mom of a stillborn baby, I can say for certain there is a HUGE difference between being born alive or not. ((Many hugs))

Traci Michele said...

I'm sorry for this day, and your hurting heart!

BUT,

Have you heard the buzz that was started yesterday, and all the wonderful bloggers that have helped get the word out about your petition??

http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2009/10/coincidence-i-dont-thing-so.html

951!!!!!! less than 50 more needed!!

Love you,
Traci

Caroline said...

Thinking of you and your angel. What a great candle and a great post. I pray for you so much Danielle & your whole family. I posted again about Wyatt on my blog. Trying so hard for all of you. {{HUGS}}
Caroline

House of Collinsworth said...

Danielle, I was so happy to see that Angie Smith posted a link to your petition! Looks like you are so close to getting the 1000. I know you will reach your goal!!! :o) Still praying...

Holly said...

You are so right. It should be on their birthday cakes. :(

It's so special that you used your unity candle. The perfect candle to light for him to remember. Thank you for lighting a candle to remember everyone.

Christina said...

My thoughts and prayers have been with your family since I read your story. Lots of hugs for you guys.

Unknown said...

YOU DID IT! You got all your petition signers! And then some!!! YEAH! Praise God!!!!

Mary said...

Danielle, I thought the same thing. How unfair that this is the candle we will light. I thought of you, your family and your precious Wyatt as I lit my candles.

April said...

The idea to use a your unity candle is perfect, I never thught of that. We just went and bought some candles that smelled good from Walmart lol

Franchesca said...

*hugs* to you. Definitely the wrong candle, I thought about that too. Remembering Wyatt with you.

xoxo