Click below and Google will call you to connect you to my voicemail! Numbers are always private.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Harvest of Friends Blog Party

It's another blog hop created my the ever interesting Lynette Craft from Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground. Lets have some fun getting to know each other!

20 Weird Questions That Will Give a Little Insight Into Who I Am

1. What is your favorite thing to snack on while you're blogging?
I just plain LOVE food. I guess if I had to pick ONE certain food,I couldn't. Let's do a top three, shall we? First of all, I have a weakness for chocolate chip cookies dipped in milk...

I'm also known to indulge in Ben & Jerry's as well. However I only buy it when it's on sale (or when I'm EXTREMELY depressed) because it's SSSOOOO EXPENSIVE! Not to mention my waistline doesn't care for it too well either.
Last but not least (this one is probably really weird), I love to settle down with a spoonful of this...

Yup, a spoonful of good 'ol creamy peanut butter!

2. What is one thing you wouldn't want to live without?
My camera! I take it everywhere. I love always having it with me so I (almost) never miss a cute picture of the kids. I have a Nikon D80 and it's an amazing little camera. I have 3 different lenses, but I stick to my Nikkor 50 mm 1.4G lens.

3. Beach, Mountains or Farm? Where would you live if you had a choice?
I've lives near the beach most of my life. I currently live in the Smoky Mountains, and I have NO DESIRE to live on a farm (no offense if you happen to live on one, they just aren't for me as a permanent residence). Although the mountains are beautiful, I would be blissfully happy if I could be a beach bum forever!

4. What's your least favorite chore/household duty?
I have a two way tie here. I abhor doing dishes and laundry. The world would be a better place if neither existed!

5. Who do people say you remind them of?
We don't look so much alike any more, but my dad actually mistook C for me on time. I was still in middle school, while C was a freshman at the high school... My father works for the school maintenance and thought I was skipping school! Here's a picture of her, what do you think? I think there's a resemblance, but I don't see how my own father could mistake us!

As far as celebrities go, I've been told I look like Claire Forlani, although I don't see it... For those of you who are wondering, she played in "Meet Joe Black".

6. Prefer parties and socializing or staying at home with the fam?
I have always been a home hermit. Since Wyatt's diagnosis and passing, I have become even worse. I don't even like talking on the phone!

7. What's your all time favorite movie?
Monty Python and the Holy Grail! I swear I know every word of that silly little movie!

8. Do you sleep in your make up or remove it like a good girl every night?
This ones hit and miss. Honestly, most of the time (when I actually do put make up on) it ends up being rubbed off on my pillow as I sleep.

9. Do you have a hidden talent or a deep desire to learn something that you've never had a chance to learn? What is it?
I want to learn new languages. French first, Spanish second, Italian Third, German fourth...

10. What's one strange thing you're really good at?
I am double jointed in my arms and fingers... I can touch my fingers to my wrist, and turn my arm around over 360 degrees clockwise. Don't ask, I have no idea how I figured out I could do that!

11. What first attracted you to your spouse?
His chivalry. He called my grandfather and asked him for permission to ask me out on a date. How could I resist after that?

12. What is something you love to smell?
Wyatt's blanket. I keep it wrapped up because in the very center of it, I can still smell where his head was after his bath. It makes me feel close to him when I smell him on his blanket.

13. Tell something about you that you know irritates people.
I'm extremely indecisive. I like for people to make plans and just tell me when and where I need to be.

14. When you have extra money (HA!) what's the first thing you think to do with it?
Joseph and I are saving for building a house. We want to actually own our home when we turn the key to the front door to move in... So extra money goes into savings, a CD, or a pretty safe investment.

15. Are you a silent laugher or a loud laugher? What makes you laugh the hardest?
It takes a lot to make me genuinely laugh out loud, but I definitely prefer to laugh so hard I can't breathe! It's no fun if you keep it bottled up inside.

As far as what makes me laugh... I love seeing other laughing uncontrollably. And the TV show Friends always has me in stitches!

16. Where is your favorite place to shop?
Book stores, ebay, etsy, Banana Republic, Pottery Barn, Kirklands, TJ MAXX, Bed Bath & Beyond, and does Starbucks count?

17. What's one thing you'd do more often if you had more time?
I'd go back to making all our meals from scratch. I used to do that all the time. I even made our own butter. I'd also like to start my own garden, however, all I have to do to kill a plant is look at it.

18. Are you a big spender or frugal?
I'm pretty frugal. My husband and I have a budget we like to stick to, and (most of the time) we stay pretty close to what we budget out.

19. Who is your favorite character of all time (from a movie or book)? (Can't be real)
Don't laugh at me, but I used to have a huge crush on Prince Eric for The Little Mermaid WHEN I WAS A CHILD! Seriously, I had a crush on a cartoon!


20. Would you want to be famous?
Nope, I'm happy with my cozy little unfamous life :)

Photobucket

15 comments:

Queen Diva said...

Oh, that Ben and Jerry's looked so good! Shame on you! :) I loved looking at your blog - I'm following you now, chickadee!

the monkeys' mama said...

i LOVE that you loved Prince Eric. Funny story--i had a sleigh bed when i lived with my parents and i would always rise up over the edge of the sleigh bed like Ariel on the rock and sing "aaaa aaaa aaaaaaaa" (you know the lovely ditty that she sang?) oh my I was obsessed!!!

Queen Diva said...

It's me again. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love me some peanut butter and m&ms together - and I used to eat peanut butter and potato chip sandwiches. I just might have to try them together! We might be kinda messed up, huh? Thanks so much for your sweet words. I'm really looking forward to getting to know you better!

Susan said...

So nice to meet you and your beautiful family!

What a special gift God has waiting for you in Heaven!!

Enjoyed reading your answers, and oh do I love chocolate chip cookies, (hot out of the oven with nice COLD milk!)

I want some now♥

Holly said...

I like your snack choices. Maybe we could combine them all into a peanut butter cookie ice cream? lol I take my camera everywhere too!! I so need a better one! I just got a small digital one. :(

That would be awesome to learn all those languages. I took French in HS but don't remember a lot.

Anonymous said...

I totally see the Claire Forlani look alike thing. And Ben and Jerry's is sooo good. my favorite. They really should make it cheaper though. Fudge brownie it best I think.

Veronica said...

Thanks for stopping by! I also struggle with being indecisive. I wish I just knew how to make up my mind! I also loved The Little Mermaid when I was a little girl and to this day I wish I could sing like the voice of Ariel!

Whitney said...

I see we had a few of the same answers. I have to agree with just loving food and hating laundry! Thanks for stopping by blog. It was nice to "meet" you!

Me said...

I'm also a peanut butter junkie! I am so sorry for your loss. I'm still not sure how I happened to find your blog, but I am glad I did. Your positive attitude is inspiring.

My blog address is emiwantsababy.blogspot.com. Feel free to stop by!

Julie Arduini said...

Guess what? I was in college when the Little Mermaid was out and my entire suite had a crush on Eric. I still have a soft spot for that particular movie!

I'm so glad I found you through this party. I am so sorry for your losses. I look forward to reading more of your story.

The Blue Sparrow said...

Bahahaha! Our similarities are almost creepy, I could have copy and pasted this straight on my blog minus the frugal part! Lol my wallet is perpetually steaming smoke as fast as I blow through it :D

The Blue Sparrow said...

PS I finally saw the photo you took, it was stunning! You have a real talent! Im thinking of having it matted and framed. You should do it proffesionally! Thank you so much!!

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm Eevee passing by from the blog party :)

I guess I forgot how indecisive I am...I should have added that one to my answer...Drives my husband crazy ;) Little Mermaid is my favorite of Disney movies that one and Beauty and the beast.

I really enjoyed reading your answers.

Blessings,
Eevee


Embracing Life,Christian Unschooling,& more...

Unknown said...

I'm stopping by from the blog party. Your blog is so precious and I enjoyed your posts. An interesting fact about me is that in the last year and a half I've lost almost 100 lbs. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
might , perhaps very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct partner utilizes your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://yvyzuzas.digitalzones.com/arotek.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money