Click below and Google will call you to connect you to my voicemail! Numbers are always private.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wyatt Hugs

For the first time in a while I feel like Wyatt has been really close to us. For a while, he seemed almost like a bittersweet dream and I would catch myself thinking, "Did this really happen to us, or did my mind just make up that sweet little boy I'm missing so much?". It's just that his time was so brief here. His life was a blur of beauty and sadness mingled together in too short a time. Really,... who would have thought an entire lifetime could be crammed into such a brief period? Passing time was my enemy. It scared me because I could no longer picture his sweet little face without really concentrating and I've been so scared time was stealing away the memories I hold so dearly to my heart.

So what's changed?

To be completely honest, I really don't know...

Maybe he's letting me know he's okay.

Maybe by letting his presence be felt so closely he's trying to tell me it's okay to be happy Seth is joining our family because he's still here and very much a part of our family.

Maybe it's just Gods way of giving me peace about the plans he has for our family.

I don't know. But, I'm very thankful for the closeness I feel to Wyatt as my life is changing yet again. Sometimes I feel like all I have to do anymore is close my eyes and I can feel Wyatt's presence radiating around me. A giant Wyatt hug! It always leaves me a little teary, but it's the good kind. And I'm able to continue what I was doing with a smile in my heart and a bounce (as bouncy as you can be this pregnant) in my step.

I've been seeing elephants everywhere too. They seem to be on all the kids cartoon shows, they pop up when I'm searching for completely unrelated images on google, and in so many other places I couldn't begin to list them all.

Some of the neater signs I've gotten was a really awesome elephant cloud. It had already started to change shapes when I snapped this picture with my phone, but it looked just like an elephant peeking out of the clouds and looking toward the sunset.



And that same day, I went to take a light pink polish off of my nails that I'd used when I did a french manicure like three weeks earlier and found this when I got to my left thumb. I thought I was crazy so I asked Joseph and Ansley both what it looked like and they both said an elephant! Needless to say, my chipped polish elephant is still on my finger and I smile every time I look at it.


I know I still owe you all posts on Wyatt's party. And I still need to get the onesie images posted for you to grab (which I still need to finish), but I really wanted to do a lighter, more upbeat post with all that's been going on in my life recently. It amazes me how in the midst of such a chaotic flurry of life, God still finds a way to leave you with a peaceful reassurance that lets you take a deep breath and enjoy being in the moment. So breathe deep with me and enjoy the rest of your day!

Photobucket

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

How special! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

I can see the elephant in your finger nail but not the clouds. lol. Glad you feel Wyatt all around you.

My Very Own Angel said...

That is so awesome on your nail. OMG is the first thing I thought when I saw it. I was like wow. still a lil speechless

Holly said...

That's so awesome you've been feeling close to Wyatt. I love that!

The Blue Sparrow said...

Oh wow! Your nail polish totally looks like an elephant! That is the neatest thing! I am at the point of being past thinking all of our signs are just a coincidence. I cant even describe the feeling I get sometimes when I get them or like now reading this about yours. (((HUGS)))

April said...

What a remarkable way for you to feel Wyatt throughout your daily life. You absolutely need to see those little things (and the nail polish I have to say is quite remarkable!) so you can keep his memories close at hand. Could it be that maybe you were silently seeking approval from Wyatt that Seth was joining your family? I think his closeness to you during these remaining weeks of your pregnancy is a beautiful way for him to show you that he is truly happy and happy with the growth of his family.

Hugs!

Sarita Boyette said...

Danielle, I think Wyatt knows you need him now.Those elephants you showed are fantastic! In some of our travels, I think in New Mexico,I've seen a mountain shaped like an elephant. I saw it several years ago. I think it was in the Sangre de Christo mountain range.Hugs to all of you and I hope Baby Seth's lungs are maturing fast.

Nati @ I will praise Him said...

Awesome! What a great Post.

I'm so glad you're feeling this way.

BTW, did you ever get the email I sent you?

Ashley D said...

THIS is a sign. OMG, I teared up when I read this last night. I love your signs, so simple but they mean so much!