Click below and Google will call you to connect you to my voicemail! Numbers are always private.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

37 Week Appointment

My appointment went fairly well today. Seth's heart rate and activity were about the same as they have been for the last two weeks. My cervix was checked today and I'v gone for 1 cm with a thick cervix to being dilated to 2 cm and 80-90% effaced in a weeks time. I thought Dr. Joy's eyes were going to bulge out of his head when he felt how thin my cervix had gotten in just a weeks time!

He wants to see me again on Tuesday and said depending on how Seth's placenta looks (if it's calcifying it means it's a good indication Seth would be ready to breathe air), and what my cervix and contractions are doing he may end up sending me to the hospital from that appointment. If not, he has scheduled me for an induction on the 20th (Father's Day). He did make the comment that he would be surprised if I made it to Tuesday much less to the 20th, but I really hope Seth and I can hold out that long. It would make me feel so much better for Seth to have that extra time for his lungs to develop.

I asked about a steroid shot to help Seth's lungs along and Dr. Joy said that studies indicate they don't make a difference after 34 weeks. I told him I have just been so scared of going into labor on my own and knowing that his lungs aren't ready and Dr. Joy assured me that if I go into labor on my own it's a very good indication that Seth is telling us he's ready. So, I'm going to take it easy, but I'm not going to lose sleep (like I have been) because I'm worrying my waters going to break or that I will wake up in full fledge labor.

I have had some bleeding since my cervical check today. It has me a little worried because with 4 children, this has never happened to me before. I've been told it was normal and that I should only worry if it becomes bright red or increases dramatically. Hopefully it will stop soon. I think maybe I've just overdone it today with doctor appointments on top of my cervical check. My appointment was at 11:00 today and I had to take Ansley with me because she broke her arm on Monday (that's a whole different post) and she had an appointment at 2:00 to get her arm casted.

Needless to say, it's been a long day. I'm glad to be home and I think I'm going to take a nap while I have the chance. I'll be back soon to update as I know more and I still have a couple of posts lurking around in my drafts that I need to finish up and post. I hope you all have a blessed day!

Photobucket

9 comments:

trennia said...

aww. a Father's Day baby!
My son's 4th birthday is June 20...can't wait to see Seth's pictures!!!!

Cori said...

Hoping things stay well...I think Seth will come on time and be just fine!! :) Get some rest and relax!

Praying for you!

Caroline said...

I'm praying for you and Seth. I think about you a lot. Get some rest !!!!!

{{HUGS}}
Caroline

Holly said...

Wow you progressed quite a bit in a week! Perhaps Seth is getting really close to being ready. Hey the 20th is my birthday!! :)

Sarita Boyette said...

Still praying and believing that Seth's birth will turn out ok and he will be able to breathe without help. Poor little Ansley - I'm so sorry she broke her arm!Hugs to all of you and please give her an extra hug from me.

Anonymous said...

I will continue to keep you and Seth in my prayers. (((Hugs)))

BJ_Mama said...

Put your feet up, Mama....that baby boy will be here soon! How Exciting! :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like he is getting ready to meet his mama :) Sit down and rest. Keeping you, Seth and your family in my prayers.

COUNTRY MOM said...

Danielle, Just stopping by to check on you. Praying for you and Seth.

Hope you are feeling better and have a great update Tues. Blessings,