Click below and Google will call you to connect you to my voicemail! Numbers are always private.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Prayers Needed Please


I just got home from my appointment today and before I go into everything let me assure you that Seth is healthy and doing just fine at the moment. With that being said, I need to ask you to start praying that his health stays that way.

Over the last couple of days I've noticed a pretty good decrease in Seth's movements. Not so much that I've been overly worried, but enough of a decrease that I've been concerned.

Then today while I was on the monitor doing my non stress test, the nurse had to come in and shake my belly to try and get Seth to be more responsive and to get his heart rate to increase. It got down to 111 bpm and sat around 125 bpm most of the time I was on the monitor. Dr. Joy said overall his heart rate was acceptable, but that it concerned him on top of my complaint of less movement than normal.

Something else to add to the concern was the elevated hormone level I had back when I did my first trimester ultrasound screening. The elevated hormone meant the placenta could stop functioning as effectively as it should and it put Seth at a greater risk for being stillborn...

All that being said, I am on strict orders to pay attention to Set's movements over the course of the weekend. If there not 10 movements felt in two hours I am instructed to go straight to the hospital...

Providing I make it to Monday morning I am scheduled to have an amnio to check the maturity of Seth's lungs, and if it comes back that they are developed I will be sent to the hospital to be induced.

I'm scared, I'm disappointed, and I'm anxious all at the same time. Having an amnio carries risks in itself and it worries me to have a premature baby, even if he would only be premature my 4 days according to medical standards of a baby being full term at 37 weeks.

So please be praying that the amnio goes well and that Seth doesn't get hurt during the procedure...

Please pray that if Seth's lungs are developed and I get induced on Monday that he tolerates labor okay and is perfectly healthy when he is born...

We're also attempting a VBAC, so please pray there are no complications from trying that either. Let me just say that if there is ANY sign that Seth is having problems we are headed straight for a c-section. There will be no taking risks at any turn. I don't care what they have to do to me as long as Seth comes out screaming at the top of his developed lungs!

I haven't told Celia (Noah's Mommy) this yet, but she will be keeping you all updated on my blog as Monday rolls around. So make sure you check back throughout the day Monday to get updates.

Thanks again for your prayers. They are cherished and appreciated as we take these final steps in my pregnancy to safely welcome Wyatt's little brother into the world.

Photobucket

30 comments:

Trisha Larson said...

Praying sweet girl...praying!!!

Hugs,
Trisha

Unknown said...

I will be EXTRA hard for you! I will however be a little jealous that Seth will finally be in your arms - SCREAMING! Praying that everything will go perfect and that Seth is a healthy loud little boy!

Lighthouse Photography said...

I will be praying!

Kristi said...

Weare praying so hard right now for you guys. Please God let Seth's lungs be developed, and the Finchum's have a safe, happy, and healthy baby! We love you guys!

The Suburban Princess said...

I will be keeping you and Baby Seth in my thoughts, Danielle.

Holly said...

Sending my prayers to you and Seth! I hope the amnio goes smoothly and that it shows that his lungs are ready.

Mary said...

Praying that the Lord watch over little Seth. I hope that the tests come back positive and that he enters this world with no complications. I will be on pins and needles until I hear you are all safe.

Jill said...

You and Seth will be in my thoughts!

Kristin said...

Praying and praying for you sweet friend! May God wrap you and Seth in His protection!

Anonymous said...

TONS AND TONS of prayers for you guys!!!

My Very Own Angel said...

I will be praying. Seth will be fine, you will be fine. He just wants to join the Finchum gang a lil early. I love you Danielle

Steph

Ann said...

Praying for you, Danielle, and for Seth.

brigette said...

Praying!!!! Extra prayers and hugs sent your way!!!

Sarita Boyette said...

Praying for all you asked for. We will bombard Heaven with prayers for you and Seth! Dear Lord, please let Danielle bring home a healthy baby boy who has mature lungs.

Caroline said...

Praying for you and Seth !!!

Love ya
Caroline

MommyIvy said...

I will be praying!

trennia said...

praying for Seth,you and the rest of your family.

Cori said...

Praying Praying Praying!!!! Keep us all updated and God will bring you through all of this :) We love you and know things will be fine!!

Cori

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Danielle, I will be praying for Seth. Why do they make you wait, I truly don't understand that. I am going to pray for your comfort and strength.

Gwendolyn said...

I will be praying for you and Seth! God, may Seth's lungs be developed and help the doctors deliver a healthy screaming baby to Danielle!

sfretwell said...

Praying for you!

Unknown said...

Oh Danielle! Praying for you all especially little Seth! Keep on growing little one! Work on those lungs...stay away from that needle! Our God is BIG Danielle and He's got you and Seth right in the palm of His hand. Looking forward to seeing the pictures of you holding that sweet little boy whether he's here sooner OR later! =)

Unknown said...

I will definitely keep you in my prayers. If you would like I can add you all to my prayer page on Lilly's blog. I usually like to ask to get permission first. Either way I will be praying for you all.

love
elena

Leanne said...

Oh my! This all has to be so frightening for you and your husband after all you've been through. You are in my prayers.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

Hello,
Hope that everything is fine with you and your precious baby...
37 weeks, no worry, it shall be fine.
relax, take a deep breath, eat well, rest well, be positive...

Best Wishes!

Anonymous said...

My prayer are with you and Seth. (((Hugs)))

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Praying for you, Danielle...

Jess said...

Praying God's protection on you and Seth in the upcoming days, for mature lungs and a smooth, uncomplicated delivery!!

With Out My Punkin said...

many prayers

Nicolasa @ {My}Perspective said...

Thinking of you and Seth. Sending healthy vibes your way.