Click below and Google will call you to connect you to my voicemail! Numbers are always private.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

About Ansley's Cast

I've had quite a few people ask me about Ansley's pink cast and what she did to her arm over the last couple of days. I thought I had posted about it already, but I went back through my posts and apparently I haven't.

Well, remember when I had my amnio done and was put in the hospital for the day while we waited for the results of Seth's lung maturity? Long story short, Ansley was rough housing with another 4 year old and fell off of a little toddler bed. She must have landed on her wrist just so, because it broke. No bones sticking out or anything like that, but enough that she'll be in the cast for at least a month.

Joseph and I didn't even think it was broken when we picked the kids up. She was still using her left hand to do things and she could still bend it so we just figured it was twisted or something. But the next evening after Joseph got home from work Ansley wouldn't eat her dinner with her left hand (she's left handed) because she said it would hurt her arm. Plus, her wrist was still swollen...

So off to the emergency room Joseph and Ansley went.

While they were there Ansley was thrilled to be treated like a special little princess. She got princess stickers and Hannah Montana stickers... she even got a purple popsicle to match the purple outfit she was wearing! Joseph even told me that Ansley said she loved the doctors and that she wanted to be a doctor when she grows up (horray!) so that she could give her daddy a blue popsicle.

Here's Ansley after they got home with her arm wrapped up...

And here she is after she got her cast on...

Having the cast on her arm has not slowed Ansley down one bit! I think she's actually going to be mad when I take her in to get it off. She loves her cast!



Photobucket


4 comments:

Kelly said...

I am your newest follower......you have a beautiful family

www.kellysavenue.com

Nati @ I will praise Him said...

My stepdaughter almost did the exact same thing last summer. Only she broke her right arm (she's right handed) and she jumped of a small table. Her cast was also pink lol

Glad Ansley doesn't mind the cast too much. Neither did Melina.

Elizabeth said...

When they remove the cast ask the doctors if you can keep it. Have your husband put little hinges(cuz it is usually in 2 pieces after) on it and she can use it as a play cast for a doctors set. Just an idea so she can practice being a doctor and won't have to give up the cast she loves so much.

Holly said...

I bet it hasn't slowed her!! :) Glad that it wasn't a real severe break.