Click below and Google will call you to connect you to my voicemail! Numbers are always private.

Monday, June 7, 2010

No Baby Today

First of all I want to thank all of you for your prayers.

The test results came back for Seth's lung maturity and they are no where near ready to breathe air on their own. As a matter of fact, if little man were to leave my belly right now, he would most likely need help breathing with a respirator. So, we're hanging in the balance of hoping Seth continues to do okay while in my belly and waiting for his lungs to mature enough to come out. Dr. Joy said at the most he'd have me wait until next weekend. He feels by then Seth would be okay being born, but feels until then he is safer staying put. I agree.

I won't lie, I'm disappointed I won't be meeting Seth today. I'd started getting used to the idea! However, I am blessed to have a doctor that is investing a lot of time, patience, and heart into Seth's care and health and I am forever grateful.

I will update more later. I have another appointment on Thursday and we'll discuss setting up an induction day sometime next week... probably closer to the weekend (father's day would be great, wouldn't it?!). Please continue to pray for Seth's lungs to develop quickly. Sorry to keep all of you on the edge of your seats today.

Photobucket

8 comments:

The Blue Sparrow said...

Aw man, that stinks that his lungs werent ready yet! Oh well, Keep on baking safely in there Seth! Fathers Day would be awesome! *HUGS*

Lea said...

Thinking of you all so much!

Lighthouse Photography said...

Praying for little Seth and that you and your doctors make the best decision for his health. ( I know you will!!) I hope Seth will be able to stay in a little longer and get those lungs ready. I know how hard it is when you just want them to be safe and sound in your arms. My sweet little James had to be on a vent because his little lungs werent ready and I dont want you to have to go through that. Praying

Anonymous said...

Better safe then sorry. I'm glad you have a doctor who cares. My prayer will continue to be with. (((Hugs)))

Lisette said...

Praying for you and Seth. I know you are a little sad that he isn't here today but he just needs a little more time.

Cori said...

Been thinking about you and Seth! I will keep praying that things progress nicely and Seth makes his entrance into this world with no problems :) God Bless!

Gwendolyn said...

I will continue to pray for you and for Seth's healthy delivery!

Holly said...

Sorry you didn't get to meet Seth but it will happen soon I'm sure! Praying everything continues to go well and he makes his entrance safely.