Click below and Google will call you to connect you to my voicemail! Numbers are always private.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Once upon a time

Once upon a time

there lived a girl whose heart was whole.

She sang and laughed her way through life...

A sweet naivety filled her soul.


Even unto womanhood,

the worlds perception remained kind.

Pain and hurt from all around

evaded her narrow mind...


Until one day it happened...

Her world was torn apart.

This woman learned what it really meant,

to truly give her heart.


She thought that she had done it,

the day she said “I do”.

Or surely when she welcomed

baby one and baby two.


But laying on a table

hearing “incompatible with life”

Baby three won’t join your family,

as you had hoped he might.


The world became scary,

full of uncertainty and grief.

She gave her heart completely

knowing time would be her thief.


The day arrived to say hello

to a sweet soul passing through.

What a blessing through her heartache

to say “Son, we both love you”.


As good-bye was being uttered,

she slipped her son her heart.

He gave to her his memories

and now they will never be apart.


Each holds a piece

of what the other had to give.

He has my heart,

and for his memory I will live.


I love you Wyatt and miss you more than words!


Love,

Mommy


Photobucket

13 comments:

Caroline said...

I love this so very beautiful. I know Wyatt is looking down and smilin at you Mommy.
Prayers and {{HUGS}}
Caroline

The Blue Sparrow said...

Very touching Danielle! Thanks for posting that!

Franchesca said...

Such a beautiful poem, Danielle. I love the end that you each have a part each other.

XO

Kristin said...

What a beautiful poem and it truly speaks your heart. Blessings to you.
Kristin

Tiffany said...

Words cannot describe how touching that poem was.

Ashley D said...

I just wanted to let you know I nominated you for a blog award. I read your blog all the time and find it truely heartwarming and honest. The award info is in my last post.

Lighthouse Photography said...

This is beyond beautiful!

Karen said...

Thinking of you and your Wyatt. Lovely thoughts in your poem, Danielle. I got the package from you with the FAMILY ornament when we were still sick - just thanked you for it today on my blog. My digital camera is awful, but I put up a photo of where it is in our home. We love it! (((hugs)))

Christmas with Kasey said...

Such a beautiful poem, thinking of you!

Gottjoy! said...

Beautiful...I can identify with the words you shared. It was very touching. Thank you....

Holly said...

Danielle, this was really amazing and it touched me deeply.

Kati Aileen said...

Danielle it made me cry. It was so beautiful. I had a tough Thanksgiving thinking about my three angels and I'm sure you had a tough one thinking about Wyatt as well. You were definitely in my prayers.

MelBakes said...

You are such an amazing person and an inspiration. I came across your blog and your story and little angel Wyatt has touched me. I will keep you in my prayers.