Click below and Google will call you to connect you to my voicemail! Numbers are always private.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

One Holiday Down...

First of all, can I just say...

Thank the Lord Halloween is OVER!

We were invited to "Trunk or Treat" with some friends of ours, and honestly, I dreaded the thought of going. I just knew there would be all these cute little babies dressed up in costumes that would have me all teary eyed for not having Wyatt here to dress up as a hershey's kiss!

Anyways, I was lucky... there was only one little baby at this little church, which just so happened to be my dear friends (almost) 11 week old son (The friends I visited in the hospital when B was born). We'll just call him Pooh Baby, because, you guessed it, he was dressed like a cute little Winnie the Pooh.

I actually did alright most of the night. I'd been on the verge of tears most of the day, so I was proud of myself for holding it together.

There WAS one point where I was handed pooh baby and within seconds had to practically throw him into my husbands arms as I excused myself outside for a moment...

But guess what? I gave myself a pep talk, marched right back into the fellowship hall, apologized, and picked pooh baby back up to snuggled on him for a while! It wasn't easy, but I did it! Horray. So here's what my night consisted of...

Cuddling on Pooh Baby

Snow White (Yes, she KNOWS she the "fairest in the land...")

And an unhappy lion...

...who became MUCH happier after his THIRD lollipop!

Did I mention it was the lion's birthday too? I'll be posting on his Birthday party/Wyatt's 5 months in heaven next!

Photobucket

13 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love the pictures, they look so cute. I bet they had fun.

Anonymous said...

I am glad it is over too. I am so happy I decided not to go out with some of our family because their friends went along and they had a little girl dresed as a bumblebee which is what I wanted Amiee to be. It is so hard especialy on a holiday that is for kids. I am happy you were able to keep it together through the night. I know it must have been hard. Very cute costumes for the kiddos!

Franchesca said...

Danielle, I am so proud of you! I know that it took courage. Your kids are adorable, and I know Wyatt would be proud of you too.

xo

KK said...

I'm proud of you!

Trisha Larson said...

Oh my goodness, good for you girl!!! I still haven't held a baby. I think that's my last "first". I think that it's amazing that you were able to do that. I'm so impressed.

Hugs,
Trisha

ps- The kids look darling!

Caroline said...

I'm glad things turned out good after all. I know it has to be tough. I remember after I had my first miscarriage seeing a new baby a few short wks later. It was hard. I'm glad you ended up holding the baby a little. I was thinking of you today. {{HUGS}}and the other children looked so cute.
Caroline

Unknown said...

Danielle, it took amazing courage to face "baby pooh" and to take a picture as well! I was completely over whelmed by myself; because I decided to take a friends son and my 5year old brother tick or treating. All night i wondered what Jayden would have made me let him be; or rememebered last year, how much of a blast we had, my little tiger. <3 I cried when I got home, I have no pictures of Jaydens first or second (his last) halloween, I have so many pics; but none of Halloween. I was so devastated. Good JOB!
Snow white was beautiful, and your lion just needed some candy! Both too adorable for words, and I'm glad you got through Halloween!

Ali

Rikki said...

I love the unhappy lion. So cute.
I still cant hold babies or even be near them. That really would have taken strenght to do that
xxx

Deborah Ann said...

Awwww...love Snow White! Now someone that adorable just HAS to know it, hehe...

Nati @ I will praise Him said...

You can be very proud for hold Pooh Baby!!!! And your kids are soooo cute!

Kristy said...

I'm glad you made it through okay. I had a tough time seeing the little babies all tucked in their parents arms, so cozy and happy. It broke my heart but I just tried to look away and keep a smile on my face for the kids. Oh how the night should have been so different. :(

Your kids are adorable, they look like they had so much fun!

Holly said...

Ansley and Eli look so cute in their costumes!! I commend you for going back in and holding the baby again. It isn't easy to do that!! Thankfully, I didn't encounter any cute babies over Halloween.

Tiffany said...

I'm glad to hear you found the strength to overcome your fear of seeing babies dressed up on Halloween. Gladly you were only faced with one little Pooh Bear. One day at a time, one day at a time. That's all you can do.

Your little ones look like they had a great time too. As always, I enjoy reading your blogs.