Click below and Google will call you to connect you to my voicemail! Numbers are always private.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Seth's Anatomy Ultrasound

I am finally home and able to sit down to tell you all about my anatomy ultrasound scan today!

I walked into the office and was asking Joseph what the woman's name was that did our 13w4d scan earlier in the pregnancy because she has a theory for predicting if a baby was a male or female by the angle of how the genital area sloped at that early of a gestation. She said she was not sure how accurate it was because nobody ever came back to tell her if she was right. I promised I would find her and let her know if she were correct. Well, guess who my Technician was today? Bobbi! The same woman I had do my scan 6 weeks ago.

As I laid down on the chair for her to begin my scan I started shaking. I wasn't cold, but my nerves were mush by this point. I warned Bobbi ahead of time that I needed her to talk to me as she was doing the scan and to let me know immediately if she saw any red flags. I needed to know one way or another what we were facing.

First words out of her mouth just seconds after putting the wand on my belly was, "Well, it's definitely a boy!" Seth's little tush was the very first image we saw of him today! He wanted us to know very clearly that he was indeed a baby boy. I replied quickly with, "That's great! Can we please get to the healthy part now"... I realized in that particular moment how the gender of this baby didn't mean squat to me compared to the health of the amazing little life growing and squirming around inside of me. Healthy was the only word I truly wanted to hear, although, when all was said and done, hearing boy was my second favorite word of the day!

I know I must have drove Bobbi insane with the millions of times I asked her "Is everything okay. Are you sure you don't see any reasons to be concerned. You promise you'd tell me if you saw something, right?" She was a good sport and kindly calmed my fears each time. Every time she took a measurement, she assured me it was measuring perfectly normal. I couldn't have asked for a better technician.

When the scan was over, Bobbi handed me the pictures of Seth and congratulated me on a healthy baby boy. I felt immense happiness and relief over the fact that I knew Seth was healthy. But I also felt sad that Wyatt couldn't have received this same diagnosis not even a year ago. I felt guilty for being happy that Seth received a better diagnosis than Wyatt. I can't even put into words all the emotions I felt course through my body simultaneously.

I didn't cry while Bobbi was in the room with us, but when she left to have the doctor come in and verify that all was truly okay with Seth's health and development, I fingered through his pictures from the scan and started bawling. Did my ears really hear the word healthy? I felt like I'd stopped breathing the second I got two pink lines on my pregnancy test back in November, and for the first time since then, I'd finally taken in my first fresh breath of air. It was a wonderful feeling.

In the spirit of Joseph being a Marine I have to share this ultrasound picture of Seth with you. I'd say he takes after his daddy, wouldn't you?!

Haha! I couldn't resist! Of course that really isn't a true picture of Seth no matter how great Joseph thinks that might be. It's hard enough giving birth to a baby, much less a helmet and machine gun! I don't want to be the first woman to attempt this feat...

In all seriousness, here are some actual pictures of Seth from today.



I think he may in fact take after me a bit more than Joseph (much to my delight and Joseph's dismay), because Bobbi kept catching Seth in the middle of yawns! Yes Seth, I agree, 7:30 in the morning appointments are for the birds... Beds weren't meant to be gotten out of until at least noon :) Here's my favorite picture of our little sleepyhead... yawning of course!

Thank you for all of your prayers! I am overflowing with thankfulness that I am able to say that Seth Alexander is a perfectly healthy baby boy! Thank you lord!
Photobucket

20 comments:

Megan said...

oh my goodness I am ELATED to hear this news !!! YAAAAAAAAY!!!!! That's so great!! The new little man is so beautiful....or handsome I guess. I can't imagine the mix of emotions you must have had today. I'm just so happy that it's great news and he is HEALTHY!! Say it to yourself a million times::: HE IS HEALTHY!!! WOO!!

Megan said...

PS: I love the pix!! They are great, even the one with the helmet!! He he

Franchesca said...

YAY!!! I was thinking of you and your little one :) I am glad to hear the wonderful news!!!

Mary said...

Healthy, healthy, healthy!!! What else matters!? But, I am glad to hear it is a little boy!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Danielle - what GREAT NEWS!!!!
Baby Seth is so cute and thank the Lord he is healthy. Like you, I wish baby Wyatt could have been healthy, too.I'm behind on commenting to you , but I have read all your posts. Those beautiful flowers from your hubby are so sweet, and I loved your baby belly shot. God bless all of you and I hope you can start to breathe better now that you know the baby is healthy.
Blessings, Sarita
sboyette@tx.rr.com

Emmy said...

Thank you for the good news - nothing starts off a day better than praising the Lord for His mighty works! Congratulations! ((big happy hugs and maybe a few jumps and squeals))

Unknown said...

How wonderful!!! I am so happy for you. I can easily imagine your feelings, and I know I will be that way one day as well.

Unknown said...

That is wonderful news! I am so excited to read that everything is perfectly healthy!!

Caroline said...

Sooooo happy for good news and I just knew it would be like this. Keeping you and Seth close to my heart. Prayers and {{HUGS}} always.
Caroline

Tiffany said...

Congratulations on the good news! Glad to hear that your concerns thus far have been answered. As I am sure once Seth is a babe in your arms, crying after birth you'll breath that sigh of relief. Relief that God is giving you a healthy baby to raise here on earth. Praying for you always.

Kristy said...

Yay, great update. I hope the rest of your pregnancy is as smooth as its been. And I hope your energy and happiness about baby Seth only continues to grow. What a happy day!! PS. Love the pics! *hugs*

Mary said...

That is such good news. Praising God for blessing you with a good ultrasound.

Nati @ I will praise Him said...

YAY! God is so good!

And awesome pics, all of them lol

MRS. HAIRSTON said...

I am so happy to see and hear this!!! I am so glad that he is healthy and will be in your arms soon! I loved the little military picture. Now Danielle, are you turning him into a soldier already...hehe ; )

Nicolasa said...

This is such wonderful news! I am thrilled for you!

With Out My Punkin said...

What wonderful news! Love the picture of him taking after his daddy ;) Its a huge relief to hear those words isnt it! Praying he continues on that path!

Holly said...

So glad to hear the news of a healthy baby boy! It's good that Bobbi helped to reassure you and was a good tech. That helps so much!! That marine baby pic made me laugh!! His pics are so cute. Love the one where he's all curled up. Thanks for sharing the happy news!

Tonya said...

Congratulations to you! That first ultrasound pic was so cute! I think it's pretty cool that they were able to catch your baby yawning.

Jess said...

That is such wonderful news, Danielle!!! I'm sure it was all very emotional, and I'm so glad you are able to breath more easily now. What cute ultrasound pics you got!!

3d ultrasounds said...

I recently came accross your blog through 3d ultrasound and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.