Click below and Google will call you to connect you to my voicemail! Numbers are always private.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ask and You Shall Receive... Eventually!..

First of all, I have been getting requests for belly pictures and I FINALLY remembered to have my husband snap a quick picture. It's not that I don't think about it... I just don't like my pregnant body. I know I sound horrible for saying that, but I always feel so big, awkward, clumsy, whale-ish (you get the picture) the more my belly expands. I'm just not a cute pregnant woman! For example, I have a big grey moo moo (ha ha, seriously) that I love wearing around the house... When I was pregnant with Wyatt, Eli came over, pointed at me, and said "whale" in his most matter of fact voice. I have also been called a blimp by my grandmother (she was joking... kind of) when I was pregnant with Ansley.

I am in no way complaining. I will gladly let my body resemble the broad side of a billboard in order to get a healthy baby in my arms... I'm just not one of those women who particularly love being pregnant. I do however, love knowing that I am carrying a life inside of me. There is nothing more magical to me, and for that, I am able to overlook the physical aspects pregnancy brings along with it. Plus, although I pack on the weight during pregnancy, I do have to admit that I lose it fairly quickly after delivery.

Anyways, I'm doing better with my weight this pregnancy (so far) than I did with my other pregnancies. I'm really trying to watch what I eat. Although I did splurge today when my husband took me out on a date! I'll tell you all about that in just a second... first, here's my Seth belly at 18 weeks 4 days.

So I figured out why Joseph only takes me out on dates once a year... Apparently, I am not fit to be taken out in public! I dropped a wooden basket while we were in TJ Maxx and it made the loudest boom on the floor that you could imagine. You know, the kind you hear other people make and think, "Thank goodness that wasn't me. How embarrassing! They must want to go hide in a hole somewhere". Well, there was no hole... trust me, I was looking for one!

And then, at lunch, my wonderful husband took me to Red Lobster to satisfy my seafood craving. Let me tell you, this was a true craving, because I hate seafood! I can't even stand the smell of it. Normally, I can't eat tuna, shrimp... nothing. But lately, the smell of seafood has me drooling!

Well, I inhaled a plate of crab legs, lobster tail, shrimp scampi, scallops, and some sort of breaded shrimp like it was nothing but air! But not before knocking my entire glass of ice water into Joseph's lap... Oops! Did I mention it was below freezing outside today as well? Poor Joseph... Poor me. I still couldn't find that hole I started looking for earlier in our date.

Although you can't tell in the picture below, Joseph really was a good sport about the whole ordeal. He was trying to act annoyed but I think he had more fun watching me turn various shades of red and purple from utter embarrassment than he'll actually admit to. Also, his pants had about an hour to dry before I took this picture so you really can't tell, but his entire right side was soaked. I swear the water from my glass multiplied.

He looked like he liked me a bit more before our date started and I attempted to kill him from hypothermia... wouldn't you agree?


One last thing before I wrap up this post.

I did something I've been really scared to do today. While Joseph and I were browsing through TJ Maxx, I went to the baby section which I have been avoiding since I found out about Wyatt's diagnosis almost a year ago. Not only did I look at baby stuff, I actually bought Seth his first little outfit. I got it mostly for the bib that came with it, because it reminded me of my three boys. And it was in order from oldest to youngest...

A monkey for Eli, an Elephant for Wyatt, and a lion for Seth! Isn't it cute?

The actual outfit makes me think of Wyatt, so I will use it as Wyatt's gift to Seth when he is born. I plan on letting Ansley and Eli both pick out a gift to bring Seth when he is born, and this way Wyatt wouldn't be left out from giving his baby brother a "welcome to our family" gift. I will also be picking out gifts to the other kids from Seth... I still have no idea what to do for those yet...

Well, thats all for now. Thank you for letting me share our day with you!

Photobucket

17 comments:

Kristy said...

I'm sorry but you are beautiful, pregnant or not. What an adorable little belly you are sporting. The outfit is adorable and i'm so excited you made that big step. Yay for baby Seth. PS...I love the name you chose for him, its perfect. *hugs*

Holly said...

Aw, look at your belly! I know you may not feel it but I think you look great!! I think it's interesting to hear all the different cravings people have while their pregnant. With Carleigh, it was orange tic tacs! lol I love the little outfit for Seth!

Franchesca said...

Danielle, I know what you mean about the whalish feeling - I am feeling the extra weight and it's not so pretty lol! But you look adorable, you really really do.

I am so proud of you for buying Seth his outfit :) It is SO perfect!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful Belly picture

PJ Pumphrey said...

I think it is too funny that you spilled water on your husband..totally something I would do..lol..and the belly pic is adorable!! The out fit that you bought for your Seth is so cute..and when I saw the elephant, I immediately thought of Wyatt! As I kept reading "Seth" I couldn't help but think of my little Seth..I actually got brave enough to go shopping for Asa a coupe of weeks ago!! I was really proud of myself! It makes me happy to see you name your little boy Seth, even tho, I know that it is in no way after my Seth, it still brings back so many memories of him! Love you!!

PJ

Rikki said...

When i was pregnant with Eli and Jett i lived in a huge T shirt nightie thing. I wore them 24hours a day and i only got dressed into clothes if i had to be somewhere. You do look really great and i love the outfit it is perfect.
Xxx

Unknown said...

You look beautiful, Danielle! And the world is full of klutzy people...me being the biggest one. I placed an SOS call to the IT guy at work today and when he called me back I was so eager to grab the phone and get the stupid computer fixed that I picked up the receiver & whacked it against the wall before I could get it to my ear! Needless to say I was the laughingstock of the whole lab... Can't wait to see more belly photos as Seth grows!

crystal theresa said...

you look adorable. i laughed at loud at Eli pointing at you in your gray moo moo and calling you a whale. i think that outfit is beautiful, and the bib is perfect :).

Beth said...

Girl, you don't know what you're talking about..you are a cute pregnant person! That outfit is adorable :)

Caroline said...

Great picture and I love the outfit. Glad you were able to find something that fit sooooo well. Glad you took a step. Nice that you two had some time alone , everyone needs that.
Caroline

Unknown said...

Great pictures!! I can't wait to see more of them!! I adore the outfit you picked out for Seth; it is absolutely perfect!

Anonymous said...

you are beautiful!!!
And I love Seth's outfit...too cute.

Tiffany said...

A whale? You my dear look nothing of the sort. You are a cute looking pregnant mom. For baby #4 you belly looks great! Thanks for the pictures. Clumsiness must be part of being pregnant, or maybe that ravenous hungry baby boy inside of you. Always praying for you and the family.

With Out My Punkin said...

Cute picture-you are SO cute!! Love the Seth outfit from Wyatt!

Mary said...

You are looking gorgeous. We all put so much pressure on our looks but there is nothing more beautiful than a pregnant woman.

I love the outfit for Seth. It is adorable. I am glad you were able to do some shopping.

Jess said...

You look beautiful, and such a cute baby bump! I love the out-fit for Seth, it's just perfect! I hope to brave the stores soon with my husband to shop for our baby boy.:)

Traci Michele said...

Loved this post and getting a sneak peak at your belly, your date, you embarrassing moments (which sounds totally like something I would do)and that cute outfit for Seth!

Adorable!!

You look so cute! Keep making wise choices about food. It will make you feel better overall.