Click below and Google will call you to connect you to my voicemail! Numbers are always private.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Big Day for Our Family

Yup, that's our family today (I was grunging it but man was I comfortable!). We took Ansley on a helicopter ride for her 4th Birthday which is actually tomorrow. Joseph drug me along for the ride and I obliged simply for what it would mean for him by me doing so.


Wyatt was the first of our children to go on a helicopter ride. Joseph had been wanting to take me for a helicopter ride which I adamantly refused to do. However, we were on our memory making mission at the time where we were trying to cram in a lifetime of memories with Wyatt in the remaining days of my pregnancy, and one of Joseph's requests was to be able to take his son up on a helicopter ride. He wanted to share something he had a passion for with this son.

Joseph eventually won me over after a very discouraging OB appointment and ultrasound. We were driving past the helicopter tour place and I told him to pull in and I'd do it. "Now?" he asked surprised. "I won't do it if I have time to think about what I'm actually doing," I said nervously. Did I really just say that? Long story short, I went up, hated it, and vowed to never go near one of those things again. The only thing accomplished in that 1 1/2 minute ride was that Joseph got to take his son up...

Ansley was our next to go up. If you missed that post, you can read more about it here. It's got some really cute pictures to go along with the post.

Well, today was a big day for our family. I (on my own with a lot a little self motivation) decided to go up with Joseph and the kids, so that Seth would have his first helicopter ride as well. Just in case something happens to Seth (I pay with all my heart not) I wanted to make sure we did it while he's safely here in my belly...

I knew by doing this, It would mean the world to Joseph that he be able to say he's taken ALL of his children on their first helicopter rides! So once again, I sucked it up, and to be honest it really wasn't that bad this time. It was Eli's first time up and he must take after me... he screamed! I spent the entire ride holding onto Eli and trying to soothe him. I was too wrapped up in taking care of Eli to really even think about what we were doing. I looked out the window a couple of times but quickly turned my attention back to Eli with fear of losing the contents of my stomach! Helicopters just aren't for me.

As for Ansley... she smiled like a champ and even sat in the front of the helicopter all by herself with the pilot. She informed us after we landed that "When I'm a big girl like mommy, I want to fly helicopters high up in the sky!". At least one of Joseph's kids can share in his love for flying. Eli, Seth, and I will gladly cheer the two craziest members of our family on from the ground!
Photobucket


8 comments:

With Out My Punkin said...

How fun! What a special day for your family.

Lighthouse Photography said...

How fun!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That was very brave. What a big adventure!

Unknown said...

So much fun!! I love the pilot's thumbs up in the background :)

Caroline said...

Sounds like everyone had a good time but I'm so chicken to fly even in a plane.
Caroline

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Ansley!

Holly said...

I'm glad that Ansley enjoyed it! Maybe Eli will like it when he's a little older.

KK said...

What a sweet tradition. I bet you'll get more and more used to it, but its great that you overcame your feelings for them!