Click below and Google will call you to connect you to my voicemail! Numbers are always private.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Love Jar



As many of you know, my dear husband is away playing G.I. Joe again. We still have a couple weeks before he comes home, and our entire household is counting down the days until he is back under our roof where he belongs.

Before Joseph left, we recorded him talking to the children with our video camera. He read them a couple of stories, sang them songs, and told them how much he loved them. I made it into a movie for the children to watch whenever they miss their daddy. Let me tell you, this video is far more popular than Veggie Tales or Dora could have ever dreamed of being,... who would have thought! Ansley and Eli watch the video with daddy over, and over, and over again. Seriously, I love my husband dearly, but I'm sick of watching the video already!

With that being said...

My favorite part of "Daddy's DBD", as Ansley calls it, is when Joseph leaves his hugs and kisses in the "love jar" for them. He told the children that daddy was putting all of his hugs and kisses in the jar, and anytime they wanted some of daddy's love, all they had to do was ask mommy for a kiss for daddy.
(Mr. El E. Phant is guarding the kisses as they are only meant for Ansley and Eli...)

When it's time for daddy's kisses, I take the jar off of the top of the refrigerator, and carefully scoop out a kiss from daddy. Per Ansley's order's, I have to "rub daddy's kiss in real good so it won't fall off"... she is such a riot!

Ansley and Eli both squeal with delight as they receive love from their father. The jar we use is an old sugar jar. It may look empty at first glance, but our family knows is overflowing with love... love that will never run out, regardless of how many hugs and kisses are taken out of it each day.
(The Munchkins posing with Wyatt's elephant, the love jar, half eaten ice cream cones, and dirty faces!)

As Christians, isn't it wonderful to know that God has a love jar meant for each and every one of us? He puts into our jars exactly what we need, whether it's love, comfort, forgiveness, strength... All we have to do is ask for it and it's there. It's wonderful to serve a God who cares about what we need, and has it ready for us before we even have to ask him. I am so thankful God's love jars for us, never run out... Lord knows I've taken out more than my fair share of God's blessings!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Nati @ I will praise Him said...

What a huge blessing this post is! Thank you so much for sharing that wonderful story! It's a beautiful idea and it's so true.

Ann said...

that is so sweet! when does Daddy come home?

Holly said...

I think it is so sweet that Daddy put his hugs and kisses in the love jar for them to use later. And I like how Wyatt's elephant protects them. :)

Making the video was a great idea.

Celia said...

That is a wonderful idea....the Love Jar! You guys are so creative! And I love the idea of the Daddy movie that he made while he would be away....How thoughtful!

I love that God has a Love Jar specifically designed for each and every one of us. I love that he opens it for me before I even ask, knowing beforehand what I need and how I will need it. God is great like that.

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous thing to do-keeping a jar of love and kisses. What a sweet, sweet story. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

That is the most precious thing I have ever heard! You have such an amazing family!