Click below and Google will call you to connect you to my voicemail! Numbers are always private.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Heart

I hope you don't mind when I do this...

I was sent and email by a good friend, and it really touched my heart. It reminds me, that although my sweet baby boy wasn't meant to stay here long, he was meant to fulfill a very important purpose. I don't know if anyone actually found Jesus because of my son, but I know he brought a lot of people much closer to God in their daily walks with him... How many of us can say we've achieved such a feat in the many years we've been walking this earth? I hope you walk away from this story blessed :)


The Heart

"Tomorrow morning," the surgeon began,
"I'll open up your heart..."


"You'll find Jesus there," the boy
interrupted.


the surgeon looked up, annoyed "I'll
cut your heart open," he continued,
to see how much damage has been
done..."


"but when you open up my heart, you'll
find Jesus in there," said the boy.


The surgeon looked to the parents, who
Sat quietly. "When I see how much
damage has been done, I'll sew your
heart and chest back up, and I'll plan
what to do next."


"But you'll find Jesus in my heart. The
Bible says He lives there. The
hymns all say He lives there. You'll
find Him in my heart."

The surgeon had had enough. "I'll tell
you what I'll find in your heart.
I'll find damaged muscle, low blood
supply, and weakened vessels.
And I'll find out if I can make you well."

"You'll find Jesus there too. He lives
there."

The surgeon left.

The surgeon sat in his office, recording his notes from the surgery,
"...damaged aorta, damaged pulmonary vein, widespread muscle
degeneration.
No hope for transplant, no hope for cure. Therapy:
painkillers and bed rest. Prognosis:
here he paused, "death within one year."


He stopped the recorder, but there was
more to be said. "Why?" he asked aloud.
"Why did You do this? You've put
him here; You've put him in this pain; and You've cursed him to an
early death. Why?"

The Lord answered and said, "The boy,
my lamb, was not meant for your
flock for long, for he is a part of My
flock, and will forever be.
Here, in My flock, he will feel no pain, and will be comforted as you
cannot imagine.

His parents will one day join him here,
and they will know peace, and
My flock will continue to grow.."

The surgeon's tears were hot, but his
anger was hotter. "You created that
boy, and You created that heart. He'll
be dead in months. Why?"

The Lord answered, "The boy, My lamb,
shall return to My flock, for He has
done his duty: I did not put My lamb
with your flock to lose him, but to retrieve another lost lamb."
The surgeon wept...
The surgeon sat
beside the boy's bed; the boy's
parents sat across from him. The boy awoke and whispered, "Did you cut
open
my heart?"

"Yes," said the surgeon.
"What did you find?" asked the boy.

"I found Jesus there," said the
surgeon.

Author Unknown
Photobucket

5 comments:

Tina said...

Thanks for sharing this...It brought tears to my eyes.
xx,
Tina

Franchesca said...

That is lovely! Thanks for sharing this story. I think our Angels really do get others closer to God, they did more in their short lives than most people do in a lifetime.

Interesting fact... I guess that I love Fuchsia because I am a mother of a babygirl. While I never got to sugarcoat her room in fucshia butterflies and pink pillows, my infatuation with this color has not dimmed yet... I hope to another baby someday.

My Very Own Angel said...

Thank you for you sharing, it also brought tears to my eyes.

- Steph

Holly said...

Oh my gosh that made me tear up!! I feel the same about Carleigh. She has done so much in her short time here that I could ever hope to accomplish. God definitely had big plans with her little life!!

Mary said...

I had heard this story before and to hear it again now it just makes it more touching.

Thank you for reminding me of this story.