Click below and Google will call you to connect you to my voicemail! Numbers are always private.

Friday, May 21, 2010

34 Weeks and Some Fun Pictures

I can't believe I'm already this far along! I look up what a babies chance of survival is each week and I was thrilled to see that babies born after 34 weeks have a 95% chance of survival with medical intervention to assist their breathing. I feel like I can kind of breath now...kind of.

I realized I haven't posted a picture in a while, so I am going to get over myself and my dislike for being the one in front of the camera and post. Please forgive my naked face, I've become very lazy and don't really to put much effort in myself at the moment. Getting out of my pajamas is a cause for celebration these days!


And I've had some of you ask me about stretch marks and my belly button being in or out so I figured this front view would answer better than I can...


No, that's not a road map on my belly... it's stretch marks! Apparently I have lousy genetics. Cocoa butter and vitamin E oil used religiously during my first two pregnancies did absolutely nothing for me, so I just gave up and accepted my stomach as it is. The stretch marks really used to bother me if we're being honest here, but losing Wyatt really put that in perspective for me. It's proof my kids were here and that I was blessed to carry them. And yes, I've been an outie for a while now. I usually pop at about five and a half months.

Oh, and before I forget, if you have not yet entered our game to guess Seth's birth info, just click here to enter your guesses. It's so much fun to see what everyone thinks and I will be awarding a prize in honor of Seth's birth to the person who gets the closest! We have some really good guesses so far :)

On a different note, I had my weekly OB appointment today and Seth was doing great. My doctor sent me to the hospital for an ultrasound just to be cautious because of my spill last week (the machines are better over there than the ones at his office). I appreciate Dr. Joy so much for being overly cautious when it comes to all things baby. I've been so blessed to have him as my OB.

Seth was doing wonderful and he kept attacking the wand everywhere the US tech placed it. We got some really neat pictures too. The last one is my favorite because it looks like he is facing us and posing for a photograph!






And to end on a fun note. Do you remember me saying a few posts ago (you know, the one where I mentioned breaking my knee) how I was going stir crazy and was thinking about going to the store just to get out for a while? Well, I also mentioned how Joseph and I laughed at the idea of me being on the loose in Wal-Mart on a scooter and how nobody would be safe because of my lack of driving skills and general clumsiness.

Well, I'll have you know I did go to Wal-Mart...

I did not run into anyone...

Or anything...

And it wasn't as embarrassing as I thought it would be although I still felt silly.

And, this is the best part, I even remembered to have Joseph snap a shot of me on my scooter so I could share with you all! So without further adieu, I think this will be the perfect way to end this post. Until next time...



Photobucket

13 comments:

Jaime said...

Aww... I love your Sethbelly!!
And the pic of you on the scooter?
Pricless!!

xo

Kristi said...

O I think I need to change my guess on the babys size... Love the scooter pic! Glad you are feeling well!

Sarita Boyette said...

Love the photos of you & the baby! Don't feel bad about the scooter. Because of my fibromyalgia, I use one in Walmart, too.I just thank God they have them so I can get groceries!God bless all of you and thank you for sharing your journey with Seth with us.Your other 2 must be excited!

Caroline said...

Glad things are going well for Seth and you other than your knee. I don't know how I carried children and never had a stretch mark. I had good size babies too. You look cute on the scooter too. Great pic of you too.
{{HUGS}} and Prayers always.

Caroline

Rikki said...

You are not alone, i have horrible genetics and get stretchmarks so easily. I swear when i was pregnant with the boys i turned into a stretch mark. I even ran out of room for then so they decided to start going sideways through the existing stretchmarks lol.
You have the cutest baby belly ever :)

Holly said...

Hard to believe you're at 34 wks now!

Ugh, stretch marks. Yeah, you can try to do something for them but genetics will win out over anything!

Love the pics of Seth! I'm glad you got to see him again!

The pic of you on the scooter made me smile :)

Unknown said...

You look great! So glad Seth is looking good.
I had to ride a scooter while I was preggo with my 3rd because I was technically on bedrest, but I didn't trust others to get my stuff. I was not on total bedrest though. Hubby agreed to let me go if I rode the scooter. I probably looked a lot like you b/c I was around 35-36 wks.

Praying for you and Seth in these final weeks of pregnancy!!

Kristin said...

What adorable pictures of little Seth and I love the Walmart scooter!! Priceless! :)

I think of you and Wyatt every time I see my Elijah's blue elephant in his crib. I plan to take a picture of him with it and send it to you....but I haven't had the motivation to get everything done lately!!

Praying for you!

Nicolle Colvin said...

Love the scooter pictures! Oh I have lots of stretch marks from Kasey since I grew so fast, just a reminder that we grew our precious babies, some need to leave a mark behind to remind us!
Glad you got to see Seth again! Can't believe you are 34 weeks already! He will be here in no time!

Jill said...

What great photos! Love the picture on the scooter! :) You are so darn adorable.

Anonymous said...

You look great. Love the scooter pic. I'm so excited for you. :)

Nicolasa @ {My}Perspective said...

You look fantastic! I love your thoughts on the stretchmarks, even though they may bother you, they are proof of your children!

That scooter picture is so cute!

Mary said...

All the cocobutter in the world couldn't help me. But, like you said, it is proof that our children were here.