Click below and Google will call you to connect you to my voicemail! Numbers are always private.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

32 Week Appointment

Besides the fact that my appointment took F-o-r-e-v-e-r today, it went really well.

My iron was low last time I went in so I had to be rechecked today.

Oh joy, more needles!

Somehow even though I''m taking my prenatals as well as the extra iron Dr. Joy prescribed me, my iron had dropped even lower! We're trying a different iron supplement fortified with Folic acid. He he. Sorry, I had to laugh when he suggested fortifying my folic acid intake... that man does not even realize the amount of folic acid I'm getting from my nearly insane fascination with orange juice! I can't image what my body would be doing if I didn't drink OJ like I have been. Can I just say I feel no guilt what so ever for the inhuman consumption rate of my beloved orange juice after today's appointment... If anything, I think it may be okay to drink even more :) After all, the doctor did say I needed more folic acid which is what helps to absorb iron...

On a different note, Seth is doing beautifully despite my iron deficiency. He is head down and burrowing his head down into my pelvis, but I could have told you that due to the fact that I I have to hold my belly up when I walk because it feels like he is going to fall out!

We also confirmed (yet again) that Seth is a boy. It hasn't changed yet, so I think it's safe to assume we won't have to worry about being surprised once little man makes his big entrance.


After Dr. Joy did his growth ultrasound he said Seth is measuring great. He might have used the words "extremely healthy" and "robust" a few times... especially after he calculated his weight at being 4 pounds 1 ounce already! I will be 32 weeks tomorrow and Dr. Joy said Seth will gain about a pound a week until the very end of pregnancy. In just 4 more weeks I'm looking at about an 8 pound baby!!! Good Lord, God took my prayers for Seth to be healthy very literally! I may just break nine pounds with Seth if I make it far enough along...

Of course, Dr. Joy said he'd be keeping a very close eye on Seth's size when we are closer to delivery (which should be easy now that I'm on weekly visits). Having a VBAC with a baby over 8 pounds puts you at a higher risk for a uterine rupture and we want to make sure we do what is safest to get little man here.

Also, much to my delight, Dr. Joy pointed out hair on top of Seth's head! Here's the ultrasound picture that's supposed to show it, but now that I'm back home I can't see it! You could see it very clearly on the actual machine though. Do you see it in the picture? If you can, your doing better than me!


And just to end on a really great note, here's a picture of Seth looking right at us! I am so excited to meet little man and hold him in my arms. I'm just so anxious for him to be here and SAFE.


Photobucket

14 comments:

alicia jordan said...

I love the last picture! He's soooooooo CUTE!!!! Sweet little nose and lips!

Caroline said...

Been praying for you and your family. Praise God , he is so good !! I'm so happy for you !! Glad things are going good. I'm still praying for a very Happy Healthy delivery !!
Caroline

Holly said...

I'm very glad that the appt went well and Seth is growing great! Yay! That's weird your iron was even lower. Maybe Seth is sucking it all up! lol

April said...

stopped over from Holly. THere is certainly NO denying that you're carrying a little boy ;) Good work daddy!!

So glad to hear that your son is growing strong and robust :) Will 8 lbs be the biggest baby you've delivered?

Congrats and I hope the next few weeks go easy on you :)

Sarita Boyette said...

Seth is precious! Hope they get your iron problem worked out. I'm so thankful Seth is healthy - praise the Lord!

With Out My Punkin said...

Love the pictures, can't wait to "meet" a very healthy Seth!!

Lisette said...

Hooray for you and hooray for Seth. The pictures are wonderful.

The Blue Sparrow said...

Awww I love all the u/s pics! I cant wait to see pics of him in your arms! *HUGS*

Traci Michele said...

That last picture is AWESOME! What a cool image! Praise the Lord little Seth is doing well.

You take care of yourself too, Mama!

Miss talkin' to you.

Love,
Traci

MRS. HAIRSTON said...

He looks absolutely perfect! Can't wait to see him out and about :)

Mary said...

Those are some great pictures of the little man. I eagerly await to meet him too. May you both continue to be healthy.

Kristy said...

What a wonderful update, Danielle. I'm so happy to see how great things are progressing. I haven't been around in awhile, but i'm glad you are doing so well. I'm glad Seth is doing so well. I can't believe you are 32 weeks, where did the time go? Many *hugs*

Cole Franke said...

haha definitely a boy! congrats to you. you have a lovely blog. :)

nicole visiting from
http://lettersfromcoco.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I hope your iron levels out.