Click below and Google will call you to connect you to my voicemail! Numbers are always private.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Vacation

Our family vacation officially started this morning at 3:30 a.m. We packed our expedition until it was busting at the seams and then crammed our kids in amongst the organized chaos. “Mommy, Daddy, we’re going to see FLORIDA!”, Ansley chimed excitedly. Eli was much less enthusiastic about the un-Godly hour we came to wake him up. He was pretty ticked off that he was woken up when the “sunshine was still night-nights”. What can I say, he takes after his mommy! I don’t do mornings either.


It’s been an uneventful trip thus far besides rain threatening to swallow us since we came through south of Atlanta. No sign of it stopping anytime soon either. It’s made for a dreary ride, but we were able to brighten it up a bit with a trip to dairy queen. My munchkins wore more ice cream than actually made it into their mouths... by the time all was said and done, they were two gooey, sticky resemblances of my children that saved ice cream for later in their noses... ears... hair... But seeing their happy little smiles hidden beneath the coating of chocolate and vanilla dripping off of their faces couldn’t help but make me smile inside.


I actually missed this little incident as I headed over to Subway instead of Dairy Queen (yes, I was being good!). Joseph said Eli dropped some of his ice cream on the table and tried to bend down to lick it up. YUCK! But the funny thing was that in the process of lowering his head to the table, he shoved his entire forehead into his ice cream cone and screamed like a little girl. Poor Eli. Is it horrible that we get our laughs out of our children's frustrations?


I wanted to write this down more for remembering these memories than anything else. Life is sweeter today than it has been for me in a very long time. I am so thankful for my family, and today, I am truly thankful that Wyatt is in heaven safe and sound. Sure it would have been a dream come true to have him here to take part in our ice cream fun, but for now at least, I’m okay that he’s not because of where he is.


We still have a few hours before we get to our hotel, but thankfully time is flying by. Of course it wouldn’t have anything to do with the fact that my husband has been driving the entire time, bless his soul, and that God just so happened to put lead in his right foot! When I start nagging him about going 40 miles over the speed limit, he just smiles and says “You gotta love the advantages of being in law enforcement!” He’s being careful though! And most of the time he’s really not going that fast... maybe just 30 over the speed limit... He says he has to be careful because there is precious cargo in the car... HIM! Of course he says that with a smug smirk on his face because I know he’s just playing around. Please continue to pray for a safe trip for our family. I will try to keep you updated, and I promise to share lots of pictures!


UPDATE: We have arrived safely and look forward to seeing all of our family at church bright and early tomorrow morning!

Photobucket

9 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Praying for your safety. Have a wonderful time. Hope it warms up for you.

Caroline said...

I'm praying for a safe trip and lots of fun. Enjoy !!! Take care
Caroline

The Blue Sparrow said...

Glad to hear you guys made it safe and sound, and thanks for the ice cream story, I needed a laugh! Have a fun trip! *HUGS*

Nati @ I will praise Him said...

Have a great vacation! :-)

Holly said...

I am glad that you are there safely! I always make Anthony drive places and he can have a lead foot too!! He finally got pulled over about a month ago and got a ticket. lol Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a safe trip....have fun

Jess said...

Praying you have a safe trip, and just a great time of healing and renewal for your family.

Anonymous said...

Please have a wonderful time and get rejuvenated and rested in beautiful Florida!I know you are excited to see family and friends there. Please be careful!
Blessings, Sarita

Christmas with Kasey said...

Hope you have a great trip, the ice cream story was too funny.

Nicolle