Click below and Google will call you to connect you to my voicemail! Numbers are always private.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Weaving in Love

I posted last year about my love for making a special blanket for each of my children before they are born.You can refresh your memory by clicking here. I think it is a great way to bond with your child before they arrive. There is just something special about taking my heart and weaving into the fibers of the yarn to wrap around my babies when they are finally in my arms. I like to think my love is completely wrapping them up,... safe, cuddly, and warm.

I am just over halfway done with Mr. Seth's blanket and decided to do a post to share the results (thus far) with you. I know the colors I picked weren't traditional baby colors, but I try to make the blankets I chose to make for each baby as individual as I can. I spent quite a while looking for a color scheme that would "fit" Seth's personality, and I really hope it captures his personality correctly. I didn't want to do a "baby" blanket because I wanted something that would represent my hope that he will be able to use it as he grows into a little boy. This is my way of trying to see past the pregnancy and birth process to the idea of actually getting to bring this little boy home in my arms instead of just in my heart.




With that being said (and shown), I'd like to share the blankets I've made for each of my children...

We'll start with Ansley's...



And Eli's...



And of course Wyatt's although I know you are familiar with his already.



And Seth's...

Four completely different blankets made with a heart full of love for four unique and special children. I am so blessed to be their mommy!





Photobucket


7 comments:

The Blue Sparrow said...

Beautiful blankets Danielle! You did a great job!

With Out My Punkin said...

Beautiful! I wish I would have thought of that its so special. I You are very talented! Maybe I will make one for Kasey to have and one for his big sister to use... Thanks for the idea!

Jus and Kat said...

Beautiful blankets Danielle! Even moreso because they're special and personalized for each one of your babies. I love them and wish that I were half as talented! :)

Kat @ In Dylan's Memory

Brittany Barden said...

You have no idea who I am, but this warmed my heart so much, I had to comment. What a beautiful tradition... and how neat to see different personalities reflected in those blankets. Thank you for sharing... it was beautiful.

lindsey said...

That is such a wonderful idea! I have had to mc's and I always feel beyond nervous when I get pregnant. I think that I may borrow your idea when I get pregnant and find out if it's a boy or girl.
God Bless and Have a Fabulous Day!

Nati @ I will praise Him said...

You are so talented! Very beautiful!

Holly said...

I love this tradition!! I don't know how to crochet or knit so the special thing I do is make a first year scrapbook.